Friday, November 13, 2009

Android ... not so great after the honeymoon

Android is really starting to annoy me. Really, although I want to like it. I have about 30 applications and every week I get about a dozen or so app updates. For each and every one of them I have to click several times and wait for the update to complete. It is time consuming and extremely annoying. And it never stops!

So, one, there isn't a way to auto-update all applications. Two, it feels like developers for Android are constantly pushing out buggy unfinished apps, and then updating them all the time. I mean, I sometimes get two-three updates of the same app within a week. People, test your god-damned apps before publishing them, and Google, please provide a way to update all apps.

In short, my attitude towards Android has definitely changed for the worse since I actually have an Adroid Phone. Initially it was awesome, compared to my previous phone a Motorola Razr. But we bought an iPhone for my wife at approximately the same time that I got my G1, and I have had an ample chance to compare the two since then. Although I would never buy an iPhone for myself on ideological grounds, I grudgingly have to admit that the iPhone is a superior phone! Damn it.

Although I would never admit it (oops, I just did), I catch my self "casually" wanting to use my wife's iPhone for browsing the web, or looking at photos, or what not, because it is simply better than the Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment